A business plan presentation is one of the best ways of luring investors, but it is stressful to almost all the entrepreneurs. Further, it is worth noting that regardless of whether a business plan that has been prepared by an entrepreneur is very superb, he or she will still become worried because of the fear of the manner in which the audience would react. As such, it is imperative for one to prepare well before presenting his or her business plan. As such, this article presents the steps that one needs to follow in order to successfully make a business plan presentation PowerPoint.
Making a business plan presentation PowerPoint requires the following seven steps:
- Coming up with an outline of the presentation. Since in many situations, a business plan presentation is done with PowerPoint slides, it is important for one to create an outline of every point that will be presented in every slide. This is very useful in helping the presenter not to forget any important point when he or she is making presentation.
- The second step in making a business plan presentation PowerPoint is introducing the business or company and the products that the company offers. The information for this section should encompass the markets that the company serves or intends to serve, the customer issues that the company intends to solve, and why the solution that the company proffers is considered more useful than other products that currently exist in the market. These details should be listed on the first three or two slides.
- Establishing the market size. The third step in preparing a business plan presentation is demonstrating the size of the market that the product will reach. This should be precisely explained and the presenter should elucidate that it is a rapidly or a large emerging market and how such a market would increase within the next three to five years of the business plan.
- Establishing competitive edge. A business plan presentation in PowerPoint should also encompass competitive advantages of one’s venture has, which will generally enable it to have an outstanding profitability and revenue growth. In addition to that, one should incorporate a chart, which illustrates the pretax profit and projected revenues that the venture will earn in the next two to four years. The slides that touch on this information will generally make the audience to be exited with the potential of the investment early in the presentation.
- Coming up with strategies. The other point that needs to be included in a business plan presentation is the marketing strategy or strategies that will be adopted. Under this, it is imperative for one to describe the business strategies, how the products will be distributed to the customers, the distribution channels that the business will generally use, and how the product will be marketed so that the customers can buy them.
- Introducing the board and management team. It is also important to introduce the business advisory board and management team members.
- Showing the financials. The presenter should make a slide showing the expected expenditure and the total amount that is required.
Barringer, B. R. (2009). Preparing effective business plans: An entrepreneurial approach. Upper Saddle River.
Chen, X. P., Yao, X., & Kotha, S. (2009). Entrepreneur passion and preparedness in business plan presentations: a persuasion analysis of venture capitalists’ funding decisions. Academy of Management journal, 52(1), 199-214.
Karlsson, T., & Honig, B. (2009). Judging a business by its cover: An institutional perspective on new ventures and the business plan. Journal of Business Venturing, 24(1), 27-45.
Russell, R., Atchison, M., & Brooks, R. (2008). Business plan competitions in tertiary institutions: encouraging entrepreneurship education. Journal of Higher Education Policy and Management, 30(2), 123-138.
Stutely, R. (2012). The definitive business plan: the fast track to intelligent planning for executives and entrepreneurs. Pearson UK.