Despite the fact that forensic psychology is a relatively young discipline (it was accepted as a separate specialty in 2001), it plays an important role in a judicial system. Forensic psychologists work with criminals, witnesses, victims and all other subjects participating in the legal proceedings. They often act as expert witnesses that interpret the results of psychological investigations to the court. This means that a person involved into the forensic psychology has to know not only his/her own specialization, but have a great deal of jurisdictional competence as well.
If you’re going to write a dissertation within this field of study, you are a lucky student because this discipline doesn’t have a lack of interesting topics. However, you may get lost in the variety of subjects, that’s why it’s always a good idea to narrow the scope a bit, for example, consider forensic psychology dissertation topics in terms of recent shootings in the US. This is a serious issue for the whole American society, and you will definitely contribute to it if you explore the problem closely. So, here are 20 topics for you to reflect over and choose the one that is challenging and interesting enough for you.
- Gunmen Desperate for Attention: Virginia Killings of 2007 and 2015
- Mass Shooting – Definition, Types, Shooter’s Understanding
- Psychological Disorders as a Possible Reason for Violence: Sandy Hook School Shooting, 2012
- The Psychology of Active Shooters and the Rising Killing Trend in the Period of 2000-2013
- Easy Access to Guns: Does the Gun Control Question Has to Be Handled as Soon as Possible?
- Gun Culture in the US and Its Defensive/Recreational Nature (the Shift in the Public Comprehension)
- Mass Killings as the Result of Popularized Narcissism in the American Society
- The Clusterization of School Shootings: the Analysis of Contextual Homicides from 2013 till Present
- How to Discourage Mass Killings with the Help of Mass Media
- The Copycat Nature of Mass Shootings in Public
- The Role of Parents in the Shooter’s Deeds – Umpqua Community College Shooting in 2015
- Psychotropic Drugs and Their Influence on the Consciousness of a Developing Shooter
- Orlando Nightclub Shooting: an Act of Hate against Sexual Minorities
- The Peculiarities of Mass Shootings in the USA and How They Are Different from the Rest if the World
- Mass Killing “Infection” and the Theory of 13 Days
- 2017 Las Vegas Shooting and the Reasons behind It
- The Psychological Effects of Violent Video Games: Can They Cause Shootings?
- 2012 Movie Theater Shooting: Is the Schizophrenia to Blame?
- How Gun Manufacturers Can Change the Situation of Mass Killings in the US
- Key Factors of Mass Homicides according to Dr. Michael Welner
The most important feature of these forensic topics is that it is significant to study them not only for the sake of the discipline development, but for whole nations who suffer from mass shootings all over the world. So, choose the most suitable subject for yourself and make your contribution!